Open access stands for free online access to academic documents, with the goal of maximum dissemination and fast availability of information on research. This publishing model also removes permission barriers: thanks to flexible intellectual property regulations for authors,unrestricted use of all published material is possible. The Budapest Open Access Initiative defines open access as follows:
There are many degrees and kinds of wider and easier access to this literature.‘ Open access’ to this literature means its free availability on the public internet, permitting any users to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of these articles, crawl them for indexing, pass them as data to software, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without financial, legal, or technical barriers, different from those inseparable for gaining access to the internet itself. The only constraint on reproduction and distribution, and the only role for copyright in this domain, should give the authors control over the integrity of their work and the right to be properly acknowledged and cited.
see more http://www.budapestopenaccessinitiative.org/.
HOW IT WORKS
Open Access to research implies that the published scientific papers are in a digital format, online, dicharged of costs, and of most copyright and licensing restrictions.
However, there are still costs with publishing that need to be covered – such as publishing and review process coordination, Author and Editor support, indexing and archiving, promotional activities, online publishing technology, promotion and dissemination of your work. There are our active special offers,that include printing and delivery of one hard copy of the publication sent directly to the contributing Editors and Authors.
ADVANTAGES OF OPEN ACCESS
Open Access makes knowledge available to all, without the barrier of affordability and without restrictions on using it to inform and develop related areas of research. Open access offers several advantages:
- Free access to academic information enables unrestricted use of knowledge for teaching, conference presentations and lectures;
- Increased visibility and citation rates of publications;
- Good searchability via search engines and reference services;
- Digital publishing means no space constraints, integration of other content;
- Promotion of research efficiency through prompt discussion of research results;
- Long-term digital preservation through publication on document servers;
- Internationalisation of research as in our motto: “Science without time and space limits.”;
see more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_access
see more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_content
All our products include this service.